Here at Grand Luxor Hotel we want you to enjoy traditional local dishes. That’s why today we are talking about one of Benidorm’s most traditional dishes , rice broth with anchovies Sound tasty?
Next, we’ll tell you some interesting facts about this dish, how it is made and much more. Don’t miss out on our article because we know that you’ll love our hotel for gourmets.
Enjoy a gourmet holiday and try this dish
You are sure to wonder how this dish came about as you enjoy it on your next gastronomic getaway. Its story is much simpler than it may seem. The dish was first prepared on the grill, with a fish which at the time was more than affordable.
It is a hearty and filling dish which also gives a lot of energy to those who eat it. It was obviously ideal for people who were going to do some physical work.
Over the years, the dish has evolved and it now has different variations. One of the most common is to add spinach, an ingredient that gives it a very interesting twist that you will surely like to try. Another option is to make the rice with anchovies and pumpkin, a sweet vegetable which helps the dish to taste completely different.
You are no doubt eager to know how this dish is prepared. Don’t miss out and keep reading as we explain to you the recipe for the variant with spinach.
- Water or fish stock.
- Garlic cloves.
- Spciy red peppers
1. The first thing you need to do is wash and stir-fry the spicy red peppers. Then wait for them to cool and mash them in a mortar with the garlic, parsley and a little salt. Set it aside.
2. Next you need to clean the fish. Add the fish to the paella you are going to use to cook the rice for a bit, then set it aside too.
3. For this step you need to add grated tomato, rice and what you have in the mortar to that oil. When you have it all mixed, add the spinach.
4. Next add the broth or water and then the saffron to give colour and flavour to the dish.
5. When the rice is almost cooked, with 2 or 3 minutes to go, add the fish again.
How much can this dish cost?
The price of this dish can vary, but keep in mind that it can cost between €18 and €25 per person, more or less. It’s an affordable price for one of the most traditional dishes you will find in Benidorm. Don’t miss out on trying it and enjoying it with your family or with your friends.
Enjoy traditional cuisine
As you can see, at Grand Luxor Hotel we take the utmost care so that you can enjoy the best gastronomy Benidorm has to offer. Stay with us and we will tell you everything you need to know.